Easter time is always a great time to have pinics and lots of great food, but Easter candy is the highlight of the day! No matter what your kids love peeps, chocolates, jelly beans, or marshmellow eggs making them part of a dessert is a win win. http://www.biglots.com has some great ideas and plenty of candy to make them happen check out these options:
EASTER PEEPS GARDEN CAKE
1 box devil’s food cake mix (or your favorite chocolate cake recipe)
1 container chocolate frosting
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
Green decorating icing
Orange decorating icing
8 to 12 PEEPS marshmallow bunnies
1 cup Coconut flakes
Green food coloring
Skewers and toothpicks
- Make cake as directed in 13×9 inch pan sprayed to be non-stick.
- Let cake cool. Spread chocolate frosting on top of cake. Draw lines with skewers to map out rows and spots for carrots.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreo over cake
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to coconut flakes
- Add green coconut to create grass
- Add carrots with orange and green decorating icing
- Put a toothpick in each PEEPS marshmallow bunny and add to garden
PEEPS FUNFETTI CAKE
1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
Pilsbury Funfetti Vanilla Frosting
2 boxes Peeps Party Cake Marshmallow Chicks
Cadbury Mini Eggs
2 cups Let’s Do Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Yellow & blue food coloring
Round cake pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat round cake pan with nonstick spray, set aside
- Prepare Funfetti cake mix according to the instructions on the package & bake in round cake pan
- Add 2 drops of yellow coloring & 2 drops of blue coloring to frosting, mix to combine
- Mix coconut, 2 drops of yellow coloring, 2 drops of blue coloring in a medium mixing bowl
- After cake has completely cooled, cover with pale green frosting
- Stick Peeps to frosting around the bottom edge of cake
- Pat coconut into remaining frosting
- Top with Funfetti sprinkles & Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Delight in your Easter treat
COOKIE DOUGH EGGS
½ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup flour
2 tsp milk
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup mini chocolate chips
18 oz chocolate baking chips
6 oz white chocolate baking chips
- In a mixing bowl, stir together softened butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla, salt, flour, milk and powdered sugar.
Mix until well combined. Gently stir in mini chocolate chips
- Scoop dough into 1 inch balls and shape into eggs. Place on parchment lined baking pan.
- Freeze for two hours.
- After two hours, melt the chocolate almond bark – directions on package.
- Dip the frozen eggs into the melted chocolate. Shake off any excess and place on parchment paper to dry.
- Melt white almond bark and add desired food coloring. Drizzle chocolate over the egg using a fork.
EASTER PEEPS S’MORES
Great Gatherings 11.5’’ Cast Iron Pan
1 bag Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
1 box Peeps Yellow Marshmallow Chicks
1 box Peeps Pink Marshmallow Bunnies
1 box Peeps Blue Marshmallow Bunnies
1 box Honey Maid Graham Crackers
1 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Grease pan with butter
- Pour chocolate chips into pan & flatten as needed
- Arrange 6 Reese’s Eggs evenly on top of the chips
- Top with Peeps, arranging the colors however you like!
- Place pan in the oven & bake until Peeps begin to brown lightly, about 6-7 mins (Watch closely! The Peeps brown quickly!)
- Serve while warm with graham cracks for dipping!