Do you remember the dairy free milk craze the coconut milk, almond, cashew, and now the newest one oat milk! It’s so hot can’t find it everywhere and not all Starbucks have it either. What to do make your own and don’t worry about looking no further:
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the oats, water, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and strain the milk without pushing any excess pulp through the strainer. This will create a creamier texture that’s not gritty or gummy.
- Add more maple syrup, to taste, if desired. Chill overnight. If you want to drink your oat milk right away, I recommend adding ice – it’s flavor is best when well chilled.
If you’re gluten free, be sure to get oats that are Certified Gluten Free.As the oat milk sits in the fridge, natural separation will occur. You can shake it, if you like, but I like it’s texture best when I leave pulp at the bottom and pour off the top.