I see acai berries added to so many things now drinks, foods, and facial products acai contain antioxidants and fiber. They are a so-called superfood with lots of health benefits, here is a quick recipe to try at home since Acai also is not cheap. http://www.veganhuggs.com always has great recipes let’s try this one out, you can find acai at most supermarkets frozen section or amazon freeze dry or powder form:
1 cup coconut milk or any plant-based milk (more if needed)
1 1/2 cups mixed berries , frozen
1 large banana , ripened
1 tablespoon chia seeds (sub flax seeds)
2 Acai Frozen Packs , unsweetened
To a high-powered blender, add the coconut milk and banana first, then add the remaining ingredients (break the acai packets in two). Blend on high until creamy and smooth, using the tamper as needed.
The consistency should be very thick, but if it’s too thick for the blender to move, add a few splashes of milk. If it’s too thin, add more frozen fruit. Pour into two small bowls and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Topping ideas: coconut flakes, sliced strawberries, blueberries, buckwheat groats, granola, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, nut butter, or dried fruit.
- If you would like to have a smoothie instead of a smoothie bowl, add a ½ cup more of plant-based milk or coconut water.
- If your blender isn’t powerful. You may want to defrost the acai packs for a few minutes before adding them. Just until it’s a little softer, but not thawed. You can run them under water or leave them on the counter.
- Feel free to get creative! Add your favorite fruit, greens, nuts, or seeds to your acai smoothie bowl. Keep the ratios about the same in this recipe and it will be delicious.
- For extra sweetness, add 2-4 Medjool dates to the blender.
- Nutrition is calculated without toppings.
- Recipe yields enough mixture for 2 small bowls or 1 large bowl.