Gnocchi is a favorite of mine but finding ways to make it more delicious is super exciting! Doesn’t matter if you boil or oven bake it here is a recipe you will really enjoy. Fast and easy but full of flavor make enough to pack some for-lunch the next day, thanks again http://www.marthastewart.com:
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 large eggplant (1 pound), stem removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds large tomatoes (3 to 4), cored and diced
1 pound fresh or frozen gnocchi
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
1/2 cup ricotta
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium. Add eggplant, season generously with salt, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Return eggplant with any juices to skillet; season with salt.
- Add gnocchi in a single layer atop eggplant, cover, and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes (or, if using frozen, about 1 minute more).
- Sprinkle with basil and serve, topped with a spoonful of ricotta, more basil leaves, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.