Looking for ideas for Taco Tuesday for your vegan friends, break out the veggies to see which of these recipes they will love best or maybe both? Adding variety to your next taco bar even for your meat eating friends could be a great treat:
- 1 small cauliflower, outer leaves and core discarded, cut into small florets
- 1 pound red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/2 small red cabbage or 6 cups sliced)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 recipe Avocado Sauce
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Thinly sliced radishes, optional
- Sliced serrano peppers, optional
- Avocado slices, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower and cabbage on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin, coriander, and salt. Use your hands to mix everything together and spread it out into an even layer. Roast, stirring every 15 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and browned in spots, about 45 minutes. (I roasted my cabbage and cauliflower on two separate sheet pans. I cooked the cauliflower for 25 minutes and the cabbage for 10 minutes. Both ways work!)
- Evenly divide the Avocado Sauce and roasted vegetables among the tortillas. Serve immediately with the radishes, serranos, avocado slices, and cilantro, if using.
- Handful of whole green beans, about 1 cup
- Tomatillo Salsa
- 3 ears of fresh corn
- ¼ cup chopped grilled onion
- ½ cup halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas*
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced, optional
- Prep the green beans by blanching them in boiling water for 3 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water. Once cool, transfer to a towel to dry and set aside.
- Make the Tomatillo salsa and chill until ready to use.
- Make the filling. Heat a grill to medium heat and grill the blanched green beans and the whole ears of corn until charred on all sides.
- Chop the green beans into 1” pieces and add them to a large bowl with the onion and tomatoes. Slice the kernels off the corn and add those to the bowl as well. Add the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, pinches of salt and pepper, and a few spoonfuls of the tomatillo salsa and toss. Season to taste.
- Grill or warm the tortillas. Assemble the tacos with the corn taco filling, feta cheese, and serrano slices, if desired. Top with salsa and serve the extra on the side.