Do you ever go to the market and see tons of zucchini that is so beautiful price wise almost free! If you buy a good batch how many times can you serve for dinner without someone saying again. Well no need to worry now with this recipe no one including the kids will be asking that question. Thanks Better Homes & Garden for this recipe that everyone will love all week possibly:
I3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ½ cups coarsely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)1 ¼ cups dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts (if desired) and 3/4 cup of the chocolate pieces. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on rack.
- In a small saucepan cook and stir the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate pieces over low heat until melted. Drizzle melted chocolate over loaves. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Just incase you want to skip the chocolate:
Nonstick cooking spray
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda3 eggs
1 cup applesauce
¼ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and remaining cinnamon; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, the applesauce, butter, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in zucchini, nuts, and raisins. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store several hours before slicing. Makes 16 slices.