Finally found a recipe for cat treats that is simple and my cats loves so I assume delicious! It’s great also because if you use an airtight container you can store up to two weeks. Make sure to look for no salt, skinless, boneless salmon preferable in water so your kitty has fresh healthy treats. And if you are looking for more pet recipes check out http://www.thecookierookie.com:
10 oz canned salmon undrained***no salt
1 egg beaten
2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pulse 10 ounces of undrained, canned salmon in a food processor to chop as finely as possible.
- In a stand mixer, combine salmon, 1 egg (beaten), and 2 cups whole wheat flour until dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. If it’s is too wet or sticky, add a bit more flour. The dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll dough on a floured surface until about 1/4-inch thick. Use a 3/4-inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats.
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. When they’re slightly browned and crunchy, they’re done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.