Looking for a great salad for these summer barbeques, sweet potatoes, black beans, and corn with some pickled red onions sounds delicious. Head over to your favorite Framers market to pick up all fresh ingredients and have a few friends or family come over to enjoy. Make sure to share with all the vegans friends too they just need to leave out the cheese!
- Rounds from 2 Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Chipotle Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Mango Salsa
- ½ cup cooked Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ear fresh raw corn kernels
- ⅓ cup crumbled quark, cotija or feta cheese
- ¼ cup Pickled Red Onions
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the grilled sweet potato rounds on a platter and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the chipotle dressing.
- Evenly scatter the mango salsa, black beans, corn, cheese, onions, serrano, and cilantro on top.
- Drizzle with more chipotle dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small food processor, combine the oil, lime juice, chipotle, honey, garlic, cumin, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Pulse until combined.
- See the above blog post for serving suggestions.
- 2 medium ripe mangos
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Peel and dice the mangos according to this method.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, and salt. Chill until ready to use.