I love being a proud dog mom too, so when I find a treat recipe for my fur pets I will try it out! Dog biscuits are great and you can sometime frost with peanut butter also for an extra treat. http://www.prouddogmom.com has this great nutty treat to share and if your pets like it check out her book also with more recipes:
Proud Dog Chef: Tail-Wagging Good Treat Recipes
- 2 cups super-fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ***no salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseeds, and ground ginger. Whisk together.
- Add peanut butter and water. Mix together.
- Knead mixture until it forms a dough ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough ball out to approximately 1/4 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to stamp out biscuits.
- Bake in 350º oven for 18-20 minutes. They should come out crunchy!
Since this recipe is loaded with healthy fats, the dough will be a bit greasy. That’s why, when rolling out this dough, I like to cover my dough ball with a piece of parchment paper and then use a rolling pin to flatten.