Want something to add some spice to sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, or any other food. If you love onions raw or grilled, here is a new twist. Check out this easy recipe from http://www.loveandlemons.com
- 2 small red onions
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- Thinly slice the onions (it’s helpful to use a mandoline), and divide the onions between 2 (16-ounce) jars or 3 (10-ounce) jars.
- Place the garlic and peppercorns in each jar.
- Heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar and salt dissolve, about 1 minute. Let cool and pour over the onions. Set aside to cool to room temperature, then store the onions in the fridge.
- Your pickled onions will be ready to eat once they’re bright pink and tender – about 1 hour for very thinly sliced onions, or overnight for thicker sliced onions.
- Once you make them, they’ll keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.