Barbeque time, beautiful weather and being around friends and family again June is a great month! Make your shopping list don’t forget to add Portobello mushrooms for those none meat-eaters coming by. Check out this great recipe from http://www.loveandlemons, add a nice salad and fries:
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Tamari, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, warmed or toasted
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Ketchup, mayo, mustard
- Pesto, Guacamole, or Chipotle Sauce, optional
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems and cleaning the caps with a damp cloth or paper towel. Place the mushrooms in a rimmed plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tamari, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to help coat the mushrooms on both sides.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Place the mushrooms, gill side up onto the grill pan. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Place the mushrooms onto the buns and serve with desired fixings.