We are only two days away from Valentine’s Day so all the sweet treats you can think of now is the time to plan your menu. Found this recipe on http://www.livinglocurto.com it’s perfect for my boys they love pizza, nutella, and strawberries!!! Super easy and they will go crazy. And if you prefer something more adult looking a fresh fruit heart from http://www.fivehearthome.com:
1 can refrigerated pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
1 tablespoon butter melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup strawberries
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Turn the baking sheet horizontally.
- With a sharp knife, gently draw a heart shape in the middle of the dough. Don’t cut all the way through the dough, this is just to make a visible mark.
- Cut an inch outside of the line you drew with the knife. This area will be the dough crust. Remove the access dough to save for later.
- Shape the pizza to be a heart. Use the extra dough for added areas of crust where you need it.
- Bake the pizza dough for 8 minutes.
- While the pizza dough is cooking, cut 6-8 fresh strawberries in half and shape like hearts.
- After the dough has baked for 8 minutes, remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, melt butter and add sugar to the butter. Stir well until the sugar dissolves. Brush the butter mixture all over the pizza dough.
- Place the dough back into the oven to bake for another 3-5 minutes until the pizza is golden brown and baking through.
- After removing from the oven, let your heart shaped pizza cool cool.
- Sprinkle the edge of the heart with powdered sugar then move your heart pizza to a serving board.
- Spread a generous amount of Nutella over the dough then place your heart shaped strawberries on top.
- Place the smaller pizza hearts around the large fruit pizza for an adorable Valentine’s Day treat!
- Slice when ready to serve.
And if you want to get more creative here is another idea a full fruit pizza!
1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Strawberries, raspberries, and cherries, washed & dried
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon water
Optional garnishes: melted chocolate drizzle & mint leaves
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the log of cookie dough into 1/3-inch thick slices. Arrange them into a heart and press the slices together with your fingers, sculpting the edges of the overall crust for your desired shape. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the cookie dough crust is chilling, adjust the oven rack to the center position and preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the crust for 10 to 14 minutes, or until done in the center and just starting to turn golden around the edges. Remove from the oven, set the pan on a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese frosting on the cooled crust. Arrange the fruit on top of the frosting.
- In a small bowl, stir together the preserves and water until smooth. If chunky, strain through a fine mesh sieve. Brush the mixture over the fruit; cover and refrigerate the fruit pizza until serving.