Wow another warm day so how could I resist having a refreshing shrimp and avocado salad for lunch. This is easily going to become a go to on my menu for pool time this summer with some side guacamole and chips yummy! Maybe a margarita or two also, thanks again http://www.cleanfoodcrush.com for the great recipe:
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsps olive or avocado oil, divided (I use avocado oil for cooking and olive oil as the drizzle/dressing)
1-2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 large avocados, diced
8 oz. mixed cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 green chili, seeded & sliced
a good handful of fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1 large fresh lemon, both juice and zest of
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, and minced garlic, then cook for 3-4 minutes, or just until shrimp turns pink and is no longer translucent.
- Season shrimp with sea salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add cooked shrimp, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado, sliced chili, and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil and squeeze in your fresh lemon juice, add zest, then very gently toss to combine everything together.