Weather has been pretty warm for January this past week so had a nice time with the grill today and this was the perfect salad to go on the menu! There is always grilled corn so since we usually have plenty leftover we said why not, check out this recipe from http://www.foodiecrush.com:
4 ears sweet corn
1 garlic clove pressed or minced
1 jalapeño seeds and ribs removed, then minced
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 ripe avocados halved, pitted, peeled and diced
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
6 scallions thinly sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Put the corn, still in its husks, on the grill, cover, and cook for 20 minutes rotating the corn cobs every 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix to combine the garlic, jalapeño, and a large pinch of kosher salt.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Add the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
- Remove the corn from the grill. When cool enough to handle, peel back the silk, and slice the kernels off the cobs directly into the bowl with a knife.
- Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.