Celebrating the 1st year of The Project For The Day! Hope everyone has found something new and interesting to try out, I know I have. And during these Covid days I started making changes to my daily routine that have improved both my health and my wallet! So thanks again for stopping by and in honor of this special day I am putting together a list of 5 drink recipes to toasted with or if you just need a drink since it’s a Monday:
Raspberry Mint Prosecco Cocktail
- 1 cup prosecco
- 2 tbsp limoncello
- 1/2 cup raspberry sorbet
- 1 large mint leaf
- fresh raspberries, as garnish, optional
- Add all ingredients to your blender. Combine until the drink is frothy and the mint is finely chopped.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
CRANBERRY ROSEMARY BOURBON COCKTAILS
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest zest of one orange
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh and roughly chopped
For the cocktails
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 tab cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lime juice 1 squeeze of a lime juice
- 1/2 bottles ginger beer
- 1 wedge lime
- 3 fresh cranberries use as many as you want for looks
- 1 sprig rosemary fresh
- Place ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until cranberries have burst and sauce is thick.
- Set aside to cool
- Place 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce in bottom of glass.
- Top with bourbon, orange juice, lime juice and ice
- Top with ginger beer until desired strength has been reached
- Garnish with lime, cranberries and rosemary.
Whiskey Champagne Cocktail
• ½ oz Irish Whiskey
• 3 oz Champagne
• 3 Ripe Strawberries, divided
• 2 Ice Cubes
• Place 2 strawberries inside a tall glass. Set aside.
• Break ice cubes into shards.
• Combine ice whiskey, champagne and ice shards in cocktail shaker; stir (don’t shake).
• Pour Whiskey Champagne over strawberries.
• Garnish with remaining strawberry.
Cranberry Mojito Punch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup loose fresh mint plus some for garnish
- 2 limes sliced and divided
- 1 cup cranberries plus some for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice concentrate thawed
- 12 ounces lime seltzer
- crushed ice
- Add sugar and mint to a pitcher and muddle.
- Add the slices of one lime along with 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries to the pitcher.
- Pour in fresh squeezed lime juice and rum, stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour in cranberry juice concentrate and stir.
- Top off with seltzer or sparkling water.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice, pour punch over ice and garnish with cranberries, mint, and a fun straw.
And My Favorite Christmosas!!!
2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
1 cup whole fresh cranberries
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1 cup sparkling grape juice
1 (750-ml.) bottle Champagne (I love Wilson Creek Almond), Prosecco, or Cava
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine apples, cranberries, grapes, and pomegranate seeds. Pour over sparkling grape juice and Champagne and stir well to serve.