Want to make a great treat at home to have the whole family on a sugar rush pralines is the way to go. Learn to make these it’s fast and easy but careful not to make a mess. There are many different recipes from original to all different nuts and added butters base recipe is the same. I tried macadamia honey nut butter and also pumpkin seed butter with sea salt that was my favorite:
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (Vegan plant base milk)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, (Vegan butter)
- 2 cups pecan pieces (use any other nut you like)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed butter (see below)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt for topping
1. Set out parchment paper for making the pralines
2. Melt butter on medium heat use a wooden spoon. Add milk and vanilla extract, to the center add the brown and white sugar do get any on the sides stir regularly until it begins to foam and boil.
3. Add pecans when it begins to foam and boil, stir constantly don’t let any sugar get on the sides of the pot.
4. Keep stirring until it reaches 238 to 240 degrees use a candy thermometer wait for it to reaches “soft ball” mark.
5. Remove from heat stir in pepita butter until it’s all mixed together once the cold air starts getting into mix it will start to thicken.
6. Quickly drop scoopful on parchment paper and allow them to cool and firm. If the mixture is too thin and spreads more than you want, stir a little bit more. If the mixture starts to cool too much as you’re scooping, place it back on the warm burner (but don’t turn it on) and let it keep the mixture warmer. Sprinkle with sea salt.
7. When pralines are cool and firm, store in an airtight container.
Ingredients for pumpkin butter
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pinch sea salt
- Process the raw pumpkin seeds in a blender or food processor until you achieve a creamy consistency. Depending on the power of your blender it can take up to 5-8 minutes, make sure to scrape down the sides once in a while.
- Add all other ingredients and only pulse briefly.
Note use any other butter instead of pumpkin or use chocolate 3 oz added after you remove from heat.