I found this recipe in a magazine and tried it amazing, so happy to found the original site where it was posted http://www.notenoughcinnamon.com. If you want to skip the roasting find the macadamia already roasted:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups raw whole macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt (I used a wooden spoon). Add nuts and mix to coat them with honey-coconut oil mixture.
- Spread nuts on a lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and roasted. Keep an eye on the oven to make sure they don’t burn. Remove from the oven. Let them cool a little.
- Transfer roasted nuts to food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth. You should get a very smooth butter in less than 5 minutes. Transfer into an airtight container and store in the pantry or the fridge.
As with natural peanut butter, the oil will separates out on top and you’ll need to stir the macadamia nut before eating it.