For all the cold brew drinkers out there here is yet another twist for giving your coffee a little extra taste. Coconut cold brew, infused in a different way than just adding coconut creamer:
16 oz. coffee beans (about 4 cups), coarsely ground
1½ cups toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
3 cups milk (cow’s, oat, or nut) or water
2 Tbsp. (or more) pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- Place coffee and coconut in large bowl, jar, or pot.
- Slowly pour in 8 cups cool water and stir very gently until grounds are just moistened.
- Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Strain coffee grounds through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring glass or bowl.
- Discard grinds.
- Line sieve with a coffee filter and add as much coffee as will fit.
- Strain gradually into a 1-qt. airtight container or jar, adding more coffee as space is available until all the coffee has been added.
- Allow grounds to sit in strainer and continue to drip 20 minutes.
- To serve, pour ½ cup coffee into an ice-filled glass; add ½ cup milk and 1 tsp. maple syrup and stir to combine.