With the weather being so hot these days last thing we want to do is turn on the stove. That is why a refreshing salad is always a fast and yummy meal especially with all the extras you add in. If you didn’t catch the recipe for goat cheese from July 6, no worries scroll down, down, down. This salad is amazing and with fresh homemade goat cheese even better:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach, washed in icy water
- 2 small, ripe avocados, skinned, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 very small red onion, thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Add the olive oil last, pouring it slowly in a little stream while whisking to help it incorporate. After whisking for about 30 seconds, transfer the mixture to a dressing bottle or small pitcher. This is your “vinaigrette” dressing. Chill it in the refrigerator while you put together the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach and a bit of pepper, tearing the spinach apart into bite-size pieces if needed.
- Layer the onions and small bits of avocados over the spinach, then dump the goat cheese over the salad, tossing it just a bit with your hands or a large salad spoon.
- This salad is great served extremely cold and already tossed in the vinaigrette, but it can be served with the dressing on the side, if desired. Keep the salad covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator until needed.