Who doesn’t love salad on a hot summer day, chickpeas, tomatoes, and mint what a combo! Check out this recipe from http://www.loveandlemons.com:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds*
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin half moons
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 ounces Roth Chèvre Honey Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ⅓ cup roasted chickpeas, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the cumin seeds until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and crush them a bit (a mortar & pestle is easiest for this). Add them to the bowl and stir.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, dates, cucumbers, red pepper, and parsley to the bowl and toss. Transfer to a serving platter and dollop with the goat cheese, sprinkle with mint, and top with the extra roasted chickpeas, if desired. Season to taste and serve.
*if using ground cumin seeds, use a heaping 1/2 teaspoon and add it directly to the mixing bowl, no need to toast.