Here is another great way to cook pizza grilled! Check out Tiffani Thiessen recipe for both fresh made dough and pizza:
One .25-ounce package active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring the work surface
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating the bowl
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3 ounces baby arugula
1/2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 lemon, zested
- For the dough: In a small bowl, combine the yeast with the sugar and 3/4 cup warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes until it begins to foam.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour and salt and make a well in the center. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Using a fork, incorporate the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until a dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, continue to work and then knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly coat a clean bowl with additional olive oil and add the dough, turning once to coat the dough in the oil. Cover and set in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 2 pieces, using 1 piece for the pizza. Wrap the remaining dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze for another pizza.
- For the pizza: Stretch the dough into a 12-inch circle or oval that will fit on the grill pan. Add the dough to the hot grill pan and cook until stiff and bubbles start to form, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until grill marks form and the crust is completely cooked through, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the crust to a baking sheet and spread with the ricotta. Bake until the ricotta warms through and melts slightly, about 6 minutes. Top the warm pizza with the arugula, grapes, pine nuts and lemon zest. Serve immediately.