I love a site that can give you budget advice and recipes for you make food with all the money you saved:
11 Overripe Avocado Recipes You Should Try Today
From sauces and dressings to desserts and even drinks, we’ve got your overripe avocado needs covered.
Sauces and Dressings
The easiest way to fancy up any meal (and use up those avocados) is by making a simple sauce or dressing. Five minutes, a food processor and voila!
1. Magic Green Sauce
2. Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette
https://www.emerils.com/127530/creamy-avocado-lime-vinaigrette from Chef Emeril. It’s light and refreshing, and has worked on every salad I’ve put it on so far.
3. Avocado Nut Bread
https://www.food.com/recipe/avocado-nut-bread-123454 from Food with your overripe avocados. I love any version of veggie bread, but the added bonus here is that the bread turns out green.
4. Corn and Avocado Fritters
5. Avocado Egg Salad
For https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/170446/avocado-egg-salad/ from All Recipes, you want to let the avocado go an extra day or two past peak ripeness anyway (because it will be softer and creamier), so it’s perfect for those of us who aren’t able to time an avocado intentionally.
6. Avocado Pasta
https://damndelicious.net/2014/06/20/avocado-pasta/ from Damn Delicious puts pasta back in my regular dinner rotation.
7. Blackened Chicken With Avocado Cream Sauce
https://popculture.com/lifestyle/news/recipe-blackened-chicken-with-avocado-cream-sauce/ from Popculture is a winner winner chicken dinner. Again, that avocado cream sauce is the perfect place for a mushy avocado, because it all gets smoothed out in the food processor anyway.
8. Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Perhaps the most famous hidden-avocado recipe is https://www.mnn.com/food/recipes/stories/chocolate-avocado-pudding-vegan. This version, from the Mother Nature Network, tastes decadent without all the sugar and cream found in most desserts, and it’s pretty customizable as far as add-ins and texture. Bonus: This one’s vegan.
9. Chocolate Caramel Avocado Brownies
https://www.theironyou.com/2014/09/chocolate-caramel-avocado-brownies.html from Mike over at The Iron You? Chocolate? A healthier spin on my favorite food group? Done and done.
10. Avocado Margarita
But I think https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/avocado-margarita from Bon Appetit is about to set the bar (pun intended) pretty high.
Smoothies might just be the easiest way to disguise the texture of a mushy brown avocado. And while there’s no wrong way to make a smoothie, https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spinach-smoothie-recipe from Real Simple has the added bonus of using up your not-so-perfect apples, too. But really, avocados go well with just about any smoothie ingredients given their buttery, almost nutty flavor.
Bonus Round: Avocado Face Mask
If you still can’t handle the thought of eating an avocado that’s past its prime, you could try a do-it-yourself avocado face mask. Over at Natural Beauty Tips, you’ll find a few different versions that all call for basic pantry ingredients, so you won’t have to make an extra trip to the store. https://naturalbeautytips.co/homemade-avocado-face-mask-recipe/
Avocado Face Mask Skin Benefits
1. Avocado face masks are free from chemicals and synthetic ingredients that make them less allergic and skin irritating than the many store-bought beauty products;
2. Face masks using avocado as an ingredient are good for those who are having acne prone as well dry or sensitive skin.
3. The avocado face mask can reach the inner layers of the skin to impart elasticity to even the extremely dry skin.
4. They work wonders to slow down the aging process.
5. They are inexpensive and can be easily made at home using the natural ingredients easily available in your kitchen cabinet.
Read on here for some incredible homemade avocado face mask recipes to clean skin pores and soothe your dry skin.
DIY Avocado Face Mask For Dry Skin
Avocado is not only good for your health, but it also soothes dry skin. Honey contained in the masks is good for your dry skin, as is the yogurt or milk. Try your own homemade avocado facial masks to nourish, soften, cleanse and moisturize your dry skin
1. Avocado Honey Face Mask: This easy to make face mask for dry skin uses only 2 natural ingredients, namely, avocado and honey, both of which act as natural moisturizers. This mask works wonders for mature, wrinkled and dry skin. Take 1 fully ripe fresh avocado, remove the skin as well as the seed, and mash it up into creamy pulp in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and stir the mixture until it turns into a uniform paste. Apply to skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off the mixture with lukewarm water and pat dry your face with a soft towel.
This avocado mask recipe works to impart a beautiful glow to your face. This face mask is not too sticky, but it is delicious!
2. Oatmeal Avocado Face Mask: This acts as a great moisturizing mask and helps in restoring damaged skin. Take 1/2 ripe avocado and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Cook the oatmeal as per instructions in the label on the oatmeal packet and mixed it well with the mashed avocado (without its skin and seed) until it turns into a pulp-free paste of uniform consistency. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes or until it dries up. Once it’s done, rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
3. Avocado Yogurt Face Mask: If you want to pump in moisture into your skin then this mask will do the trick. Yogurt also works well for acne prone skin because it has lactic acid that kills bacteria. As the plain yogurt is a little acidic, it works to restore your skin’s pH balance as well.
This work great in winter months. Take 1/4 ripe avocado and mash it up in a bowl until it turns lump free. Mix into the pulp 1 teaspoon of plain organic yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Stir them well until you get a paste of uniform consistency. Apply the mask onto your skin for 10-15 minutes or until it dries out. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Natural Beauty Tip – In case your skin is oily, go for a lower fat content.
4. Avocado, Banana and Egg Face Mask: Take 1/2 ripe / soft avocado, 1/2 ripe banana and 1 egg yolk. Mash and mix all the ingredients together to form a paste of uniform consistency. Apply on your skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Once done, wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
Now you must have observed how easy it is to make and use these DIY Avocado Face Masks. They are inexpensive and chemicals free. You can apply any one of them once a week and watch your skin getting young and beautiful.
Natural Beauty Tips
(i) The above additional ingredients are optional. The avocado face masks are effective even when they are made with avocado alone. The optional ingredients you may add for their specific additional properties that may promote skin health.
(ii) Use a soft and ripe avocado for the purpose of making face masks.
(iii) To make the avocado mask cool and refreshing, keep it in your fridge for a couple of minutes before applying it.
(iv) If you add an egg to a face mask, the mask will work to tighten your skin.
(v) To make the mask ingredients penetrate deep into your skin pores, wash your face with warm water before applying the mask.
(vi) A tip for the people who have extremely dry skin. Add a couple of drops of olive oil to make the avocado face mask even more moisturizing.
(vii) Wash your face with warm water to remove make up and dirt before applying any mask, so that the face mask provides the best results to you.
(viii) Do not use any ingredient, if your skin is allergic to it.
(ix) Avocado can stain your clothes, so wear an old T-shirt while making or applying an avocado face mask.