My boys have been asking for donuts like crazy so I decided to give them and Easter surprise. I found this recipe online because I didn’t want to have to fry the donuts I much prefer to oven baked:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Melting Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-donut pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Stir milk and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Beat butter and 1/3 cup white sugar together in a third bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in egg.
- Stir flour mixture, alternating with milk mixture, into butter mixture until batter is smooth. Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe into muffin cups, about 2/3-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a small dish, dip donut top swirl it to coat smoothly and add sprinkles!