I kept seeing a lot of recipes for beer bread came across this one with honey so needed to try it:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey – If it’s super-thick and does not drizzle easily, warming it up in the microwave or on the stovetop for a few seconds so that it will mix into the batter more easily.
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven. Heat oven to 350°F.
- Make the batter. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Slowly pour the beer and honey into the flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Add the butter. Pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of a 9×5-inch bread pan, and brush it around to grease the inside of the pan. Add the batter and spread it out in an even layer. Then brush the remaining melted butter evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove and transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and let the bread cool for at least 10 minutes.
Possible Beer Bread Variations:
Add herbs: Stir some fresh or dried herbs into the batter. (I especially love adding in some fresh or dried rosemary.)
Add garlic: Feel free to also mince a clove or two of garlic and add it to the batter to make garlic beer bread.
Add cheese: Add in a cup or so of shredded cheese to make cheesy beer bread.