Do you every buy a premade salad from the market and think hey I can make this I just need to crack the recipe and than tweak it up for yourself! Well thanks to Trader Joe’s for making great salads and selling all the ingredients for you to make also:
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- 1/4 cup of purple onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts, whole
- one lemon or you can also use lemon infused olive oil
- Cook your pasta and add cold water after to stop pasta from cooking any further.
- Add balance of ingredients and mix well with olive oil.
- Eat warm or cold either way it taste great!
*You can also use pesto instead of just olive oil and add fresh herbs. *Lemon infuse olive oil courtesy of http://www.olivealchemy.net