Herb cubes are a great way to give your butter a flavor twist or even a more gourmet look! Doesn’t matter what your favorite herb is lemon thyme, rosemary, or mint you can use any of them or a combo. It’s fast and easy now that we learned how to store our herbs and how to make butter too!(post 1/24/2020 homemade butter and buttermilk). Supplies: Ice cube tray, plastic wrap, and plastic container or quart-size bags all supplies you can find at biglots.com.
Fresh herbs from your garden or local market
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Choose fresh, firm herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme.
2. Chop them fine or leave as larger sprigs and leaves.
3. Pack 2/3 of the wells of the ice cube trays with herbs. Optional: mix different types of herbs in one well for seasoning.
4. Pour extra-virgin olive oil over the herbs.
5. Cover trays lightly with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
6. Remove the frozen cubes and store in a labeled container or freezer bag.