So for all you bargain shoppers that thought Big Lots was only for finding great deals now they have a section for recipes and DIY!!! Not to mention most of the things you need if not all you can find there. Found this awesome salad made it the same day!!!
• 2 1/2 cups penne noodles
• 2 cups fresh spinach
• 1/2 of a bunch of cilantro
• 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 avocados, diced
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
• Juice from one lemon
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. granulated sugar
• 2 tsp. dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and set off to the side.
2. In a food processor, place cilantro and spinach. Chop into tiny pieces.
3. Add the green mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado and chickpeas.
4. Add the penne noodles and stir well.
5. In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over top of the pasta salad. Stir until everything is well coated.
6. Refigerate for 10-15 minutes before serving.