So for all the nut lovers out there peanut and almond not the only nut to make butter out of!!! I found this recipe and the kids love it.
- 2 cup shelled raw pistachio
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pistachio in one layer on a baking sheet and roast in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven, stir the nuts and flip them over, roast for another 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted nuts to the food processor and process for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, honey and coconut oil and process for another 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Roasting the nuts is optional, the nut butter can be made with raw pistachio nuts.
- This recipe yields 1 1/4 cup total.