A few years ago I took a cheesemaking class and loved it, not only did I learn how to make cheese but a few other treats! Kefir is a cultured dairy drink with a sour and creamy taste, and it contains a range of beneficial bacteria. Kefir grains can also be used to make many other things like cheese, butter, and crème fraiche!
- 1 tablespoon kefir grains
- 1 pint fresh cream
- Use 1 pint mason jar, add cream and kefir grains cover.
- Allow to ferment for 24 hours or until it thickens.
- Remove kefir grains with a wooden spoon strain out..
- Store in an air tight container for 1 week in the refrigerator.