1 cup Coconut Oil
4 Tbs Chamomile Honey tea
Small glass jar
Add coconut oil in to a glass jar (I use my glass pyrex measuring cup). Add water to a small pot that will come up to about half of the measuring cup. Use a small pot over a low heat, and stir the coconut oil and tea for 1 hour. Don’t let water get too low add more luke warm water as the level goes down. After let the oil cool down for a few mins and using a fine mesh strainer pour out oil into jar to remove all the tea matter. Let the oil cool until it becomes solid again. You are now ready to whip with a hand mixer for about 5- 7 mins. Use daily and if your home is warm you can store in the fridge!
Sub for coconut oil: Cocoa butter or shea butter
Here are a few other recipes I found that I will be trying they sound amazing:
Lemon Cream Body Butter
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1 Tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon lemon essential oil
- Place the coconut oil and cocoa butter in a saucepan. Over low heat, warm until just melted.
- Remove from the heat. Add the vitamin E oil and essential oil.
- Cool until the mixture solidifies, (a few hours at room temperature). Stir the body butter vigorously with a spatula, and then transfer to a clean container with a lid.
- To speed up the cooling process, you can place the body butter over an ice bath and stir vigorously until it goes from melted to firm and fluffy.
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax,
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel, room temperature
- 1/8 Teaspoon peppermint essential oil
- Place the beeswax and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Heat just until just melted with no remaining flecks of beeswax. Try to keep the temperature as low as possible to preserve the benefits the of coconut oil.
- Remove the oil mixture from the heat, and hand whisk in the room temperature aloe vera gel and peppermint essential oil until it’s thoroughly combined.
- Let the lotion cool to room temperature, about 2-4 hours. Whisk again, or place in the blender and blend at a medium speed for about 30 seconds for a fluffier version.
- Note:This lotion will naturally become thicker and more solid over time, as some of the aloe vera slowly evaporates.