Here is a little something for all you cold brew coffee drinkers to switch it up! Also special note if you want to just drink your cold brew with cold foam it’s just cold milk in a blender! This recipe comes from a great place I took a few classes at they have been working on their cookbook so I hope classes will be offered soon:
5 ounces horchata (recipe below)
3 ounces cold brew coffee
Optional: 1 cinnamon stick for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice
- Add horchata and cold brew coffee, stirring to combine
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick
Horchata: Makes 1½ quarts
½ cup (4 ounces) uncooked white jasmine rice
½ cup (2 ounces) blanched raw almonds
1 ½-inch piece cinnamon stick
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Place rice and almonds in a heatproof bowl or pitcher. Break cinnamon into a few pieces and add to container with 2 cups of hot water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and 4 cups hot water, stirring until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns clear. Set aside to cool.
- Puree the soaked, rice/almond/cinnamon mixture in a blender for 3 minutes or until smooth. Strain through a cloth nut-milk bag, very fine sieve, or cheesecloth. Discard solids.
- Add the cooled sugar syrup and vanilla to the strained mixture and stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator to chill.
Keep checking their website https://instituteofdomestictechnology.com for when classes come back they fill up quick but they are awesome here are a few: