Not many people know how easy and healthy chia pudding is to make. Most recipes are less than 5 min and cost less than $5 to make. Your key ingredient is the milk you want to use almond, coconut, or cashew. Trader Joe has many options for milks and different flavors. You can also use a variety of sweeteners honey, agave, coco nectar, jam, or fruit. There is also a video to walk you step by step so you can’y mess it up! You can also read up on why chia is so healthy for you, which by the way they sell at Trader Joe too! There are two recipes I found online that everyone loved.
One is the 3 ingredient Chia Pudding:
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener, optional
- Strawberries or other fruits for topping
- Pour ingredients into a jar and mix well. Let settle for 2-3 minutes then mix again very well until you see no clumping.
- Cover the jar and store in fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat it, top with your favorite fruit and enjoy cold!
Second is for the chocolate lovers the 30 min Chocolate Chia Pudding:
- 1/2 cup (80g) Chia Seeds
- 2 and 1/4 cups (540ml) Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coco Nectar
- 1/4 cup (22g) Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- Add the chia seeds and cocoa powder to a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the coconut milk and maple syrup and whisk it up until well mixed.
- Then place the mixing bowl into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- At around the 15 minute mark, take the bowl out and give it a stir.
- After 30 minutes, serve with some dark chocolate pieces and mint leaves (optional).